Kamiiso POW Camp
Closed June 1944 -Men sent to 1-B (Asano Coal)
HOKKAIDO Camp 1-D, KAMIISO-gun, KAMIISO-machi, ASANO Cement plant,
established 1 Oct 1943, Camp Terminated on 7 June 1944 when POWs
transferred to MAIN CAMP and to 1-B (ASANO CEMENT)- Liberated
Additonal Research by Netherlands researcher, John Slootmaekers regarding Red Cross records.
Intl Red Cross Committee: Camp Commandant as of 11 Jan 1945 was Lt Col. Shigao Emoto
Deceased: (2) British; Slow loading PDF