|Port Area Detail- PI #11|
Location & Timeline
PHILIPPINE ISLANDS PORT AREA CAMP NO. 11
13 Jun 1942: Camp established in warehouse directly behind Customs House
Oct 1942: Camp moved to Port Terminal Building across street from Pier #7
17 July 1944: Almost all men loaded on board the Nissyo Maru. Small detail remained.
Stevedores on Manila docks. Of the officers who remained at the dock, only Harrison, Artman and Berstein survived the war.
Camp Overview & Summary: Excellent summary prepared by Jim Kerns, USMC
Roster courtesy of Jim Kern, USMC
Japanese Commander: Morio Segusa